- Andie Markowitz
How to Turn on Your P-EBT
Updated: Sep 16, 2020
Activating your New York State issued P-EBT card has a few steps, but it's worth it to support your Fort Greene and Clinton Hill neighbors. Use the tips below as a guide and then at the bottom, click donate to if you can afford to donate the money.
You should know that to protect your child NY State has limited the personal information available on the card. While this protection is beneficial, it can make the card confusing to activate. Be patient. To use your card, you must create a PIN.
1. To create a PIN, dial 1-888-328-6399
2. Select your preferred language (1 for English)
3. Enter the 19 digit card number from the front of the card
4. Select 1 to create a PIN
5. You will be prompted for the last 4 digits of the cardholder’s social security number. The cardholder is your child.
6. DON’T ENTER THE LAST 4 DIGITS OF THE CHILD’S SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER. YES, THIS SOUNDS CRAZY. IT’S CONFIRMED IN THE NY STATE VIDEO.
7. Enter the month and date of the child's real birthday not the fake birthday on the card (i.e. if the child's birthday is August 28, enter 0-8-2-8)
8. Enter the cardholder’s zip code. This is the zip code at the address where the card was received
9. Then enter a 4 digit PIN
10. Reenter the 4 digits to confirm the PIN
We hope this was helpful no matter how you plan to use your card. If you have activated your card and would like to use it to support One Community's food program for Fort Greene and Clinton Hill, please use our Go Fund Me link.